This blog will learn, what are the problems facing by the farmers? Why the farmers are lagging in new Technology?
As we know that Agriculture is the largest source of livelihoods in India. About 70% of rural households depend on agriculture for their livelihood with 82% of farmers being small and marginal farmers. Small and large farmers. Farmers having less than two hectares (five acres) of land are called small farmers and those having less than one hectare (2.5 acres) are called marginal farmers. India is global agriculture producer in the world. It is the world’s largest producer of pulses, jute, milk and leading producer of spices, fish, poultry, livestock and plantation crops. It has the World’s largest cattle herd (Buffaloes). India is the Second largest producer of tea, rice, wheat, sugarcane, groundnut, vegetables, fruit and cotton. In addition to this, few farmers also used to earn money by selling fish by their fishpond. There are different new technologies coming day by day across all over the world, but the farmers in India are still using the conventional method. This can be due to:-
Lack of knowledge
Lack of awareness
Lack of income
Most of the poor people are found in rural areas. Nowadays, People are migrating from rural areas to urban areas in search of getting occupation by leaving aside farming, through which they can earn enough money for their livelihood. It happens because productivity and income they get through farming is not enough for their livelihood. That’s why farmers commit suicide if their crops are destroyed due to any natural calamity. It is the only way of their income. But a question arises here, if all the farmers will migrate to urban areas, then who will farm? It will badly effect India’s economy.
Other factors which are affecting farmer’s income:-
● No instant medium to know about the danger
● Biodiversity Loss
● Commodity price
● Lack of proper irrigation system
● Lack of technology
● Lack of equipments
● Improper sprinkling
● Soil infertility
● Lack of safety norms
● Non diagnosis of plant health at initial stage
● Pesticide doesn’t reach to lower parts of the plants
So, there is need to mainly focus on the primary sector i.e. AGRICULTURE. Need to aware them about new technologies that can give smartness to the farming methods. So that they can invest in new technologies to increase productivity.
Hoverin aerospace is coming up with a technology, that will not only reduce physical work of farmers but will give large number of benefits, that will consequently increase the income by increasing their productivity in easier and faster way.
Hoverin aerospace is offering various benefits to farmers that are given below:-
1. INTELLIGENT SPRAY - The task of spraying is done by our smart and movable nozzles. This newly designed nozzle is to provide large and even pesticides spray over the crop.
2. SCANNING OF FIELD WITH AI - Scanning of disease with predicting cure using AI & sending results to farmer's phone.
3. CLOUD STORAGE OF DATA - Storing data on cloud and deep analysis of stored data to predict
crop health in coming future.
4. ANDROID APP DASHBOARD - An Android and Web based real-time dashboard to the farmers
for managing and tracking crops. Farmers can see weathers updates, field scan and, graphical view of crop health.
5. CROP CALENDAR - Integrated crop calendars to visualise status of crop from beginning.